If I apply for suspension or withdrawal during a semester, can I get a tuition refund? Is there a deadline for suspension of studies?

  1. After suspension of studies is complete, the office of student affaire will handle tuition refunds. For details please contact the life guidance and overseas Chinese student guidance Section of Office of Student Affairs for processing. 
  2. According to university regulations, the deadline for suspension of studies is the day before final exams begin.   

    ※For further information, please dial ext. 63279.

Is there a time limit on suspension of studies?

In accordance with university regulation, the time limit for students who apply for suspension of study due to special circumstances is 2 academic years, students may apply between 1 and 4 semesters at a time. Before applying, students must obtain approval from the respective department/graduate institute. If the allowed suspension period of 2 academic years has been used up, but the student is still unable to recommence his/her studies due to serious illness or other special circumstances, a special case will be made to the President of the university. If approved, an extension of either one semester or one academic year will be granted.

※For further information, please dial ext. 63279.

What is the difference between retaining enrollment eligibility and retaining student status?

1.Maintenance of admission qualifications indicates that the student decided not to enroll in the university for the academic year in which the student was accepted, but plans to enroll in the academic year immediately following the retention period, and will be given a new student ID number according to the new academic year. Therefore, retention of newly accepted student status is based on academic years.


2.Students who have already matriculated but are forced to suspend their studies because of military service or pregnancy may be petition to retain student status, and re-enroll with their original class number.

※For further information, please dial ext. 63279.